Scented Nectar

> And then, on the other hand, we have the more genuine rice farmers
> who search for animals before harvesting;
>
> [At Lundberg Family Farms, we care deeply for the animals that
> we share our fields with. For example, every spring before field
> work begins, we search the fields for nests, rescuing eggs for a
> local incubation centers (mature pairs re-nest when the nests are
> disturbed like this). After hatching, the fledglings are raised and
> released back into the wild. Last year, we rescued over 3,000
> duck eggs. After harvest, we flood our fields to provide habitat
> for winter migratory birds and waterfowl. They eat the rice that
> is left in the fields and contribute fertilizer for next spring.

There
> are autumn days when the sky is blackened by canadian geese
> (and the sound is beautiful)! We see ducks, geese, cranes, rails,
> pheasants, egrets, herons, swans, and even bald eagles resting in
> our fields.
>
> We are committed to sustainable and organic farming techniques.
> We see our farming operation as a "partnership with nature," and
> would not continue if rice harvesting resulted in the "death toll"

that
> this hoax suggests.
>
> --> Kent Lundberg.
>
> Kent Lundberg
> Lundberg Family Farms
> http://www.lundberg.com

That's good to know about Lundberg rice. They are my
favourite type of brown rices because other brands
always seem to have a lot that missed get husked
and if you don't pick through them well they are
unpleasant to eat. Lundberg never needs picking
through. There's no accidental husks.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/