Jack Curry

This part is not for you to read Kent, so skip to the next paragraph.
[Hoobaaaaa! The CALClone is baaaack. What fun we gonna have now. By
popular request, I deplonked Kent and the amusement value is well worth it.]

So....Kent? At precisely *what* temp does "smoking" become "cooking?" We
really need a number, ole buddy, a dividing line. You know, a FailSafe. A
Go/NoGo. So we'll know what to tell our friends and families when we serve
up that salmon or whatever. Smoked? Or Cooked? Wouldn't want to mislead
anybody.

"This Salmon was smoked," we'll say. "It never went above XX degrees." Or
is it XXX degrees? And suppose, just for a minute that the temp inside the
cooker went *over* the XX or XXX degree temp for just a minute or two.
Would that change the smoked/cooked definition? Truth in advertising and
all, eh?

What if the temp creeped up a little over Go/NoGo and you didn't see it
happen? Would that count? How would we know? There must be a change, a
test we could perform, right?

Enlighten us, KentH.

Jack Curry
-Curious minds want to know-