Vox Humana

Default Icing secret ???

"N. Thornton" > wrote in message
om...
> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> > "Roy Basan" > wrote in message
> > om...

it

This

offering.

> > block"
> > >
> > > REally it is....
> > > Even if you use cocoa butter as coating it will still taste weird...

> > It sounds as delicious as a thick coating of Vaseline.

> lol! Its a lovely moist coating. Readers will note youve not actually
> tried it.

Moist isn't equivalent to delicious. However, I recall reading an obscure
book on the history of wedding cakes which said that cakes were originally
coated with lard as a preservative. Later, sugar was added to the lard and
"frosting" was changed from a preservative to a more palatable finish for a
cake. Of course the cake was probably chock full of rancid nuts and insects
and imbibed with alcohol.