"kilikini" > wrote:
> Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> > Doing a couple pounds of smoked salmon today, for my wife to take to
> > an office party. Very simple:
> >
> > Brined yesterday in the fridge for 2 1/2 hours in 1 quart cold water,
> > 1/3 cup Kosher salt, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and the juice of one lemon.
> > They've been air-drying in the fridge overnight, to let the pellicle
> > form. I'll put them on the K in awhile, over lump and a chunk or two
> > of alder, with the temp at 200-225 F until the the fat begins to pool
> > on top and the meat flakes easily.
> >
> > To be served with crackers, capers, and lemon wedges.

> Sounds excellent, Kevin! Smoked salmon is one of my favorites, although
> I'd opt for a fresh bagel instead of crackers.

Gee. I miss Kevvie's occasional worthwhile, on-topic posts, but not HIM and
his a.r.k cohores. By KFing them, I avoided over 60 posts today. And that's
a good thing! °~D

--
Nick. Christmas Day, the twenty-fifth Day of December, being established a
Federal holiday by an Act of Congress on June 28, 1870: Merry Christmas!