Derek

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:46:17 GMT, Tea wrote:

> "Derek" > wrote in message ...

> us

> course,

> next

> because

> anyway.
>>>>>

>>> Majority of us, white guys unfortunately never had a chance to

> experience a
>>> black lady companionship in normal circumstances, because even when it
>>> happens, the scene is so overloaded with cultural, racial and behavioral
>>> obstacles that minefield walking on Kosovo-Serbian border feels safer.
>>> In addition to that, the black community does not look favorably on this

> and
>>> it never tries to hide that. Whites honestly want to look like they are

> all
>>> for it, but the negativity shines through, however the effort to hide it
>>> (both from themselves and from the couple). Knowing that, TV networks

> never
>>> show anything that would be seen as a mixed-race romancing, and there is
>>> more realty in these "family" shows that in all "reality" shows taken
>>> together. What a hypocrisy.
>>>
>>> Sashay.

>> My family surname is Welsh in origin and can literally be translated
>> as "pasty white honky." And yet my uncle's third wife is black - and a
>> wonderful lady, to boot.
>>
>> Unfortunately, while the Washington, DC, area has been good to them,
>> they're approaching retirement age. And all the locations they've
>> seriously considered for their post-employment life have proven to be
>> less than welcoming to a multi-racial couple.
>>
>> Truth be told, my uncle's a better man because of my aunt. Period.
>> It's a shame that people get their knickers in a knot over something
>> that is really so inconsequential.
>>
>> --
>> Derek
>>
>> Sometimes the end doesn't justify the jeans.

> The BF and I have already had 'the talk'. He's planning on moving up here
> next year because the opportunities are better and because there's still a
> Klan group outside of his town in PA. Black people can be annoying, but
> they don't burn down your house for dating non-black guys.

Nah, sometimes they just beat up the non-black guys. I've seen the
results of threatened and actual violence against non-black guys for
daring to date a "sister."

> The idea of
> moving to an area where there are no other educated black people, where all
> the gays have low-paying jobs and are seen as pariahs, and where the John
> Birch Society is still big doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
>
> Have your aunt and uncle looked at Columbia, Maryland? They have delightful
> houses there and it's a planned community- it was founded to be ethnically
> diverse. Miami can be good, although the old people there are still living
> in the past. And anywhere near NYC you can find places where you don't have
> to shovel snow. There 's also the US Virgin Islands- money goes further and
> they can live in peace. My mother is living in Owings Mills, Maryland, but
> she finds it a bit dull after having lived in NYC.

Well, the Virgin Islands actually causes more problems. They want to
retire near family, not away from it. But the DC area is too pricey.
They want to live as well as they are living now, but they won't be
able to pull it off on their retirement income.

Unfortunately, all the towns they find geographically, educationally,
and architecturally appealing are just south of the Mason-Dixon line.

--
Derek

"The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shorline of
wonder." -- Ralph W. Sockman