Katra

Default Homemade Prepared/Frozen Meals

Kathleen Dughman wrote:

> I have a very similar problem. I work a lot of 10 and 12 hr. days and
> get home late and too tired to cook for myself. SO about everyother
> week-end I do mass cooking and freezing. First off-haunt the dollar
> stores for plastic containers to freeze in. Great places--great prices.
> I will make a huge pot of mashed potatoes--then a meatloaf and maybe
> some pork chops .Then I put together my dinners keeping everything no
> higher than an inch and a half--and freeze. Soups are so convenient too,
> and freeze well. All casseroles freeze well and I just made up a few
> turkey dinners. The secret is to cook a lot all in one day and then
> forget the stove for a week.
> lots of luck-kathleen

Excellent advice... ;-)
I used to do this very thing my last year in college when I had to work
AND attend my clinical rotation classes... I had, maybe, 3 hours per day
free that year and that was spent studying, warming up pre-prepared
food, and showering. :-P That did not count the 4 or 5 hours of sleep
per night of course.

The life of a college senior can be hell!

It was good practice tho'. <G>

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...s&userid=Katra