N. Thornton

Default Icing secret ???

(D O'Reilly) wrote in message . com>...
> I'm icing a cake for a family members wedding , can anyone give me the
> best recipe for icing, that i can use to pipe the bride and groom's
> names on the cake.
> Also any tips on how to actually pipe the lettering (as i have never
> done it before)professionally on the cake,your comment's will be
> gratefully recieved.

Most icings are sickeningly sweet. Heres one thats not:
coconut oil block
water
cardamom

heat the block in just a little water, say water is 10-20% of the
block quantity. Heat very slowly and very gently, the coconut will
gradually melt into the water. Add a pinch of cardamom powder, mix it
up, adjust water content to determine how stiff the set icing is. This
is a true quality icing, not like the usual slab of sugar offering.

Regards, NT