frood

A friend of mine on another ng posted this one, but I haven't tried it.

From Hershey's:
The Chewy Chocolate Cookie (mixes in 5 minutes!)

1 1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa (be generous)
1 teaspoon baking SODA
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup finely chopped nuts, optional

Cream butter or margarine and sugar in large mixer bowl. Add eggs
and vanilla: blend well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt:
blend into creamed mixture. Stir in nuts, if desired.
Drop by spoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheet (or seasoned baking stone.)
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 8 to 9 minutes. *DO NOT over-bake.
Cookies will be soft. They will puff during baking, flatten upon cooling.
Cool on cookie sheet until set, about 1 minute; remove to wire rack (or
sports section of the newspaper on the counter)
to cool completely. Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.

(Or about 2 dozen real size cookies.)

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply