Expletive Deleted

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 wrote:

> Expletive Deleted wrote:
> >
> > Rather than spend $12 on a
> > 12pack of nasty beer every pay day, I spend $12 on a mixed sixer of really
> > good beer.

> Geez, buying single bottles of beer because you're "on a budget" makes
> about as much sense as "rent to own".
>
> Instead of paying $12 for 6 beers a day, why not skip a day and buy 24
> bottles of beer every other day for $24-30? If it's variety you crave

re-read that.
If I could afford $12 worth of beer every day that's not much of a limited
budget is it? I said $12 worth of beer every pay day, that's every 2
weeks.

> (as long as you don't DRINK 12 bottles per day) before you know it
> you'll have a good supply of great beer that hasn't sat around for who
> knows how long under the bright lights of the typical "beer" store that
> sells singles.

Yea, if I was really spending that much, then sure I could buy a couple
cases a week and save alot while amassing an impressive cellar full of
variety, but I'm spending on average less than $40 a month, closer to
$25-30 a month.
And yes, I do like variety and am willing to pay a premium for it.
Also, I know my local bottle shop very well and I know how long those
singles are sitting there. I've been in there 2-3 times a month for the
last 3 years.
Finally, paying $12 for a mixed sixer is not significantly more than
paying $8-9 for a whole sixer of one beer. As I said, I'm willing to pay
the premium for getting variety. I find that when I get a whole sixer, I
get kinda bored with the beer after the 2-3 days it takes me to finish it
off.