Scented Nectar

> >>Not for any valid ethical or health reasons, of course,
> >>but rather because you think, wrongly, that doing so
> >>will somehow make you virtuous.

> > Wrong. It's for both health and ethical reasons.

> Baloney. It certainly is not for any *valid* ethical
> reasons, as I have shown. And it isn't for health
> reasons, as a total abstinence from animal products
> does not make you ANY healthier than someone who
> consumes animal products in moderate amounts.

You've not shown me anything that invalidates my
beliefs or opinions. We're just going to have to
agree to differ on this.

> >>You shouldn't be. The moral beliefs giving rise to the
> >>fatuous idea of "veganism" demand that you get rid of
> >>ALL CDs from your "lifestyle", or at least be able to
> >>make a compelling accounting for your efforts to have
> >>done so. No "vegan" makes such an effort, EVER. It's
> >>all blather.

> > Don't tell me what moral beliefs I should have.

> I'm not.

Yes you are. You said "You shouldn't be. The moral
beliefs giving rise to the fatuous idea of "veganism"
demand that you get rid of ALL CDs from your "lifestyle",
or at least be able to make a compelling accounting for
your efforts to have done so." No one's demanding
that I take on that moral belief except you!

> > The best anyone can do is the best they can do. If this
> > means I've greatly reduced the cds instead of
> > eliminating them completely, then so be it.

> You have no legitimate basis for your smug
> self-satisfaction. However, you DO reveal that
> self-flattery and self-aggrandizement was your ONLY
> goal, all along.

It sounds like you're mad that I'm content with who I
am and what I do. Maybe you're upset that I don't fit
into your stereotype, the 'religion' of veganism.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/