Louise Lewis

Default pie crusts

funny this lo carb thing came up....have a friend at work who does the
lo carb thing...
I think the purpose of wheat would be to use less processed
ingredients...right?
I am in fact trying tocome up with some sub desserts for her..and it
aint easy...
she is catering director and I am the bakery super. for a catering
co...and she loves the lemon bars.... but can't have them....
anyway...could you use possibly ground almonds and whiped egg
whites...folding the almonds into the meringue and pressing it into the
pie shell and baking it for a crust...I know it ain't pie dough..or you
might be able to make a short crust with the wheat and sugar sub and
butter and egg white??/ not sure on that but if it works hey yippee for
us all who are doing or trying to help those doing the lo carb thingy...