Amit.B.

> Are there any options I'm leaving out? How do you (collectively and
> individually) deal with intact grains? I'm also curious about what
> percentage of "chunky stuff" others have been able to include in a
> dough without turning the resulting bread into a brick.
>
> Thanks for any advice.

you can try sprouting the the grains before adding them to the dough.
soak the grains with alot of water for 12-24 hours and then linen a
colander with some wet cheesecloth and let the grains sprote for about
2 days. just make sure that the cheesecloth stays wet. after that
rinse them and add them to the dough. it will add sweetness to your
bread(malt).
i dont think that there is a reason to calculate the grains as if they
were flour, just substract the amount of water they absorb from the
total hydration of the dough.

Happy baking
Amit