Christopher C. Stacy > wrote:
> You may be thinking of Durgin Park in Boston, Massachusetts.

Every review I have read about Durgin Park has said the
same thing, that the waitstaff is surly and that it is
part of the atmosphere of the place.

That hasn't been my experience at all. Durgin Park is
my favorite restaurant in Boston. I leave nearly 1000
miles from Boston, but I get up there two or three times
a year on average and I always make a point to eat at
least one meal there. Never have I received anything
less than first class service at Durgin Park. I do not
recall ever having a waitress or waiter there give me
even the slightest hint of a bad attitude.

For those who have never eaten at Durgin Park, their
food is awesome, esp. their prime rib. The only down
side is the seating sucks. It is not a place I would
take a date since the atmosphere is like eating in a
big mess hall, with long tables and you never know who
will be seated next to you. Fortunately, all I really
care about is getting a good meal when I am there and
I have never been disappointed.