LRod

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 02:55:23 GMT, Michael Siemon >
wrote:

>In article >,
> "Ellen" > wrote:

>> Well I did that and I don't find the direct source -- I find a lot of other
>> places selling the grinders ... I would like to remember where I bought it.

>Try:
> <http://www.peppergun.com/products/magnum_plus.html>

Based on everyone's recommendations I ordered one tonight. Very
interesting experience. I did a search and got lots of hits. There
were several vendors with attractive prices ($41.95 seemed the lowest
and was quite a common price) but they were nearly all out of stock.
The Amazon price (actually cooking.com partnered with Amazon) was
$41.95 but with $8.95 for shipping brought the total to what should
have been $50.90 but showed at checkout as $52.90. Hmmm. I skipped
that order and went back to the search.

Pricegrabber showed only cooking.com but using their calculator came
up with the correct $50.90. By that time I was plenty irritated. $8.95
to ship something that weighs less than 2 lbs?

Then I tried another Amazon partner (cheftools) and they wanted $10.95
to ship!!!

Back to the search. I found one for $45 plus $4 for shipping to
peppergun. At this point, no matter how stupid it may sound, I was
much more interested in paying a reasonable shipping rate than save a
couple of bucks on the product price.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's just like trading in a car on a new one.
They'll give you a great trade-in allowance but the price of the new
car won't be as low as the price your buddy got without the trade.
They're going to get you somewhere.

$11 for shipping, however is no better than those TV merchants that
charge 30-40% of the stated product price for "shipping and handling."
Handling? Isn't that a rent that should be built in to the price? This
is one of my huge pet peeves on TV marketing and the main reason (junk
being another) that I will not buy the products.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net