Wayne Boatwright

Default pepper grinder

(Cynthia Mason) wrote in news:11307-41AE9D27-243
@storefull-3275.bay.webtv.net:

> What is the best pepper grinder?

We have used a Perfex mill and a Peugeot mill for over 30 years and
wouldn't be without either one. The Perfex mill is made of solid cast
aluminum with a stainless steel grinding mechanism, and is virtually
indestructible. I use it primarily in the kitchen. The Peugeot mill is
made of olivewood, also with a stainless steel grinding mechanism. I use
it primarily on the table.

We also have a battery-operated mill, made in Switzerland, which we have
used for over 25 years. Unfortunately, I cannot find a brand name on it.
Its body is made of heavy plastic and also has a stainless steel grinding
mechanism that has been very reliable. It's particularly handy when one-
handed grinding is needed.

Both the Perfex and Peugeot mills are easily and highly adjustable for
fineness/coarseness of grind. The electric mill is non-adjustable, but
produces a very nice medium grind.

HTH

--
Wayne in Phoenix