Derek

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 02:24:14 GMT, Alex Chaihorsky wrote:

> Derek -
>
> Where do you study and when? Where are you now? What do you do?
>
> Sasha.

I did my undergraduate work at the University of Kentucky. I majored
in Individual & Family Development and Family Resource Management. I
got cheated out of a minor in Russian because, at the last minute,
they told me that I couldn't use an independent study course for
credit toward a minor. So when I had a year to kill before graduate
school, I worked part time and completed the courses I needed to
finish the degree in Russian studies.

Now, I'm in Minnesota. I have been in graduate school for the last 10
years - both MA and, currently, a stalled Ph.D. - in Family Social
Science. Unfortunately, in the mean time, I lost my opportunities to
practice speaking in Russian and have forgotten much of it, although I
did immediately recognize the roots of "podstakanik".

I currently work from home on a contract with a local social service
program to coordinate a family education program for Somali refugees
in the Twin Cities. This allows us to keep our toddler at home rather
than dumping him in daycare. Of course, he's also the main reason the
Ph.D. stalled.

In my spare time, I like to pretend that I'm knowledgeable about tea.

--
Derek

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.