Alex Chaihorsky

Russians drink tea from teacups and also thin tea glasses with a metal
holder, called "podstakannik" - or glass-holder.You can find them here at
"Sovetskoj Collection" catalog and web site.
http://secure.sovietski.com/cgi-bin/...ct/View/142211
The best are made of fine silver. The ones above are not and are
ridiculously expensive.

If you do some serach on this forum you will find several threads on Russian
tea drinking.
Normally Russians drink Ceylon and Indian black teas. Nowadays Chinese and
Japanese teas are getting lots of attention. Large cities have many
sophisticated teaclubs with gong-fu, etc., as my friends who live there tell
me.
Traditionally strong black tea with sugar and lemon made with samovar was
"the" Russian tea.

Sasha.