Patrick Heinze

Lewis Perin wrote:

>>>imported goods shop. I got a kind of pressed 'teaball', about 1,5
>>>cm in diameter...well...not really a ball, but pressed and small,
>>>though ^-^ Anyone knows what this is? Is that one of the 'cakes'
>>>read aout?

>>It's called Xiao Tuo Cha, small(mini) bowl tea. Puerh can come loose,
>>or compressed as Tuo ('birdsnest') or beeng('pancakes'). The mini
>>tuocha is about 10g, tuocha 100g, and beeng 300g+. The Xiao is good
>>for a pot. The other two you have to crumble.

> Tuochas are bowl-shaped, not ball-shaped. Can the original poster
> clarify this?

You call it a bowl? I wasn't sure how to describe it. It is sort of
hollow, with a hole on one side. Maybe best approximation is 'bell'
shaped, but that isn't to satisfactory, too ^-^

http://store1.yimg.com/I/teastores_1790_8100307
looks about the same...

I think we're talking about the same thing. Thanks everybody!

ciao
Patricl
--
"But please remember: this is only a work of Fiction.
The truth, as always, will be far stranger"

Arthur C. Clarke, 2001 - A Space Odyssey