Michael Plant

Cathy 12/6/04

> Ok, from everything I've read, I thought Pu-er sounded like an
> interesting tea. I was near a Teavana so I had them make me a cup.
>
> Oh, my. I did NOT like it.
>
> I assume it's an acquired taste? The after taste lasted for HOURS.
> Anyone like the tea the first time around?
>
> Cathy Weeks

Cathy,

Yup, loved it the first time round. But, do not give up. Actually, Pu'erh is
many tastes, and it is still possible to find one just right for you. In the
most general sense, we have "cooked" Pu'erhs that taste of the loam of the
earth, young "uncooked" ones that often taste of flowers with a certain
delightful mustiness, and finally the old "uncooked" ones that cost an arm
and a leg, and some believe are worth every digit.

Michael