Anton S.

Default begel toppings not sticking :( Arggh

I've been baking my own bagels for some time now, the results have
been great most of the time, except in one area, my toppings don't
stick to the bagel as well as the store baught variety (not that the
store baught ones are good by any means, but I like how the toppings
adhere).

I use an egg wash (egg white + a bit of cool water, beaten lightly).
After I boil my bagels, I let them cool a bit, apply egg wash, then
add toppings right before they hit the oven for 15 minutes or so.

Does anyone know a better way to do this? Any help would be greatly
appreciated...

Antwon