sf

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 08:46:19 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

> All this souffle talk has me contemplating making one. For
> straight-sided dishes I have a 1-1/2 quart Corning casserole with a
> 2-1/2" inside height and 7" diameter, and a smaller (one quart probably)
> stoneware thang that has a 2-1/2" inside height and 6" diameter AND is
> not straight-sided -- it comes in just a little bit at the top.

You can make a souffle in any dish, Barb. It's not a
mystery recipe - even though we've been conditioned to think
it is.

Think of souffle as "peafowl". The traditional French Style
is like a beautiful peacock, but if you make one in a low,
wide dish... it's tastes the same, but it'slooks like a
doudy little peahen.

IMO: Taste is what counts, so use what you have and enjoy!

sf