Michel Boucher

"timbrel" > wrote in
oups.com:

> What type of pot do you prefer for cooking risotto and have you
> noticed differences? I made risotto last night in a 5 quart copper
> casserole. I thought it cooked too hot and the bottom was too big
> to keep the rice cooking evenly. I had cooked in a Falk low-sided
> saute pan that seemed to work better. Thoughts are appreciated.

Although I now cook rice in a 8 cup Tiger Brand rice cooker, for
years I made it in an IKEA 365+ 3 litre pot.

http://www.ikea.ca/webapp/wcs/stores...play?catalogId
=10101&storeId=3&productId=10745&langId=-15&parentCats=10108*10219*10
232

It has the right height to width ratio to cook rice properly. The
illustration here is for a 5 litre pot which I find too wide for
risotto (too much evaporation). I have seen various TV chefs doing
it in a sauté pan.

--

"It is easier for a rich man to enter heaven seated
comfortably on the back of a camel, than it is for

Supply Side Jesus