Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" > wrote in message
> Scented Nectar wrote:
> >>"The neighbours upstairs are fighting. I'm so glad I don't live
> >>like that."
> >>-- "Skunky", apparently to herself, at her own website

> > Ah, you got one right. I'm not Karen, but I am aka Skunky.

> Why skunky?

Why not? I like skunks and the name fits
in well with the 'scented' theme.

> > Now, what's your 'beef' with that post?

> Just the attitude you seem to have, which includes saying stuff about
> how virtuous you are about your diet even though you should be more
> worried about your diet being "minus one animal death" compared to

those
> whose diet you claim is "plus one animal death." The fact that you

keep
> score at all (well, you SHOULD since you're the one making
> self-righteous and -congratulatory claims) about that shows that your
> diet isn't more ethical than any other.

To hell with the number of cds game. You're not gonna
believe me that meat is worse, and I'm not gonna
believe you that vegan is.

> > Would you want
> > to live with people you fight with? C'mon, no one wants
> > that.

> Not all conflict is bad. Conflicts happen in healthy relationships.

Just
> never go to bed angry -- stay up and fight.

I enjoy these internet arguments, but that's very
different than conflict in one's own home. Luckily
those close to me don't fight with me. We get
along quite well. It's something I'm very
appreciative about. I've lived in places where
I fought with others and it was very unpleasant.
My personal choice - no fights at home.

> > This is all very off topic, although I do have a veggie
> > forum there as well.

> I think a forum requires more than your own posts to yourself. One

thing
> is certain, though: you're faring much better against yourself than

you
> are here.

I'm not the only one there, just nearly so. I figure it
might eventually have a group that converses a lot
but if not, then you can just call it my blog or something.
I don't think I'm faring badly here.

--
http://www.scentednectar.com