None Given

Julie Bove wrote:
> My daughter Angela loves coleslaw. And while she isn't diabetic, the
> commercially prepared coleslaw and dressing is always too high in carbs for
> me. I've tried many different diabetic recipes and while I will usually eat
> them, they didn't always taste like coleslaw. She turns up her nose at them.
> And then there was the one that required me to buy all sort of weird things
> I wouldn't normally have around, like concentrated apple juice. That was so
> vile I couldn't get it in the trash soon enough! I finally found one by
> modifying a recipe I found online and came up with a winner.

I'll have to try that. I was just substituting Splenda for some of the
sugar in my recipe. Most of my dressing liquifies and ends up in the
bottom of the bowl anyway so I figured it wasn't as high in sugar that
way. I just use plain shredded cabbage and my original dressing recipe
was 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of Miracle Whip, and ~1 T red wine vinegar. I
usually have made up a batch of the dressing to keep in the fridge and
just pour a little on however much cabbage we're having. For big family
dinners it's enough dressing for a large head of cabbage.
Fitday says there is 15 grams of carb to a cup of home prepared coleslaw
but doesn't give the recipe they use to figure it.