Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 13:33:30 GMT, cl > wrote:

wrote:

>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I finally put a filter on Kevvie this AM, so I won't see any of his

>> posts
>> > in the future. I tolerated his ranting and trolling for quite a while
>> > because of his occasional worthwhile posts, but I find his snaring

>> someone
>> > into cross-posting,

>> Would someone please explain to Nick the difference between
>> crossposting and setting the FOLLOW-UPS header to a single group? He
>> seems confused.
>>
>> I trolled CAL into posting to ARK in a thread with the subject line of
>> "Texas Brisket." CAL's reply went to ARK and ARK alone. That thread was
>> NEVER crossposted. It lived a brief SEPARATE existence in both groups,
>> then died of natural causes.
>>
>> On the other hand, CAL crossposted this thread from ARK to AFB. The
>> thread originated in ARK and never had anything to do with BBQ. All of
>> this is easily verified through google, if one can be bothered to get
>> off one's lazy ass and check one's facts before posting nonsense to
>> Usenet.
>>
>> Hmmm . . . I wonder if Nick will now plonk CAL, now that he's been
>> informed of the facts.

>Two different Nicks there slick. I believe n_cramer killfiled me long
>ago.

Since when is it my job to keep track of who has you killfiled?

>Now it begs the question

Um, no. No, it doesn't "beg the question." It might raise the
question, but begging the question is something altogether different.
It is also a concept that should be familiar to anyone who has even
walked past a classroom in which logic was being taught.

> of WHY THE **** ARE YOU MORPHING TO BEAT
>PEOPLE'S FILTERS, troll boy?

I think the question is "Why did I post from google?" The answer is,
"Because Nick's post no longer exists in my newsreader, so I had to go
to google to find the post and to verify that he is deeply, deeply
confused about the difference between crossposting and setting
follow-ups to a single group."

My posting address remains unchanged; anyone wishing to killfile me
can do so quite easily. You're not so clue-deprived that you think
anyone is killfiling me based on the Path or Organization headers, are
you?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho