> Whats the difference in taste/cooking between a picnic and a butt?
> Jesse

Jesse-

The picnic is one part of the "shoulder" from just above the foot and
includes the upper joint. The "shoulder" butt is the other part (higher
up on the pig behind the head. The picnic contains more bones than the
butt so, you might be paying for some bone. Typically, the picnic runs
a little cheaper per pound. The taste...to me pork is pork. Maybe some
else can detect the difference between the two.

To cook... same as a boston butt roast or any other cut of meat for
queing...rub it, smoke it, pull it, eat it. It's done when it's done.
For me that's somewhere north of a 180 degrees and the fork twists
easily in a few spots.

My butcher said the butt is where the better meat is. I don't agree.

More on pork cuts is he
http://www.askthemeatman.com/hog_cut...tive_chart.htm
Rob
It's done when it's done...no sooner.