Katra

Default How long can uncooked chicken sit outside fridge before goingbad?

John Gaughan wrote:

> Robin wrote:
> > Would you toss it or use it?

> When in doubt, throw it out. Especially if you are not experienced or
> educated in food sanitation and safety.
>
> > Can you tell by odor alone if its ok?

> No. If it smells bad it *is* bad, but if it smells good, it might still
> be bad. Salmonella is odorless ;-)
>
> --
> John Gaughan

John is SO correct on that one! :-P
I learned it the hard way...

Ate a questionable (raw) egg that smelled and tasted fine.
I like steak Tartar.....

After 3 days of severe gastroenteritis, I finally went to the ER
to get help.

Salmonella. :-P

OTOH, the IV Demerol dose almost made it worth it all... <G>

K.
--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...s&userid=Katra