In uk.food+drink.misc Dave Fawthrop > wrote:
> On 26 Nov 2004 10:15:27 GMT, wrote:
>

> | For a hob alone it would probably be overkill and a big 'portable'
> | bottle somewhere outside would be more sensible.
>
> If *you* have to move it beware. the 13kg bottle is about the biggest I can
> handle, which is IMO a bit small even for a hob. I have a 13kg propane for
> the caravan. Handling the bigger bottles should be left to the delivery
> men who have the appropriate equipment. They will also need access for
> their vehicle.

I used to move the tall (~ 4ft high) ones when we lived in the middle
east, they were just about universally used for cookers there. As
long as you're careful and are used to moving fairly heavy thinkgs
about they're not a big problem.

Admittedly the next size down are much more 'user friendly' and they
were used quite widely in flats etc. where they were more likely to be
indoors.

--
Chris Green