Katra

Default How long can uncooked chicken sit outside fridge before goingbad?

Reg wrote:

> Katra wrote:
>
> > Personally, if they still smelled ok, I'd cook them up for the chooks.

> Odor isn't a reliable indicator for pathogens, so you shouldn't depend
> on it.
>
> If this were me: I would definetely not serve them to guests. I'd probably
> eat them myself though, because they're fine in all likelihood.
>
> I see it this way... it's one thing to take a risk for myself, even if it's
> small. It's quite another thing to involve others.
>
> --
> Reg email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service) (dot) com

Uh, chooks are chickens... :-)
That is what I suggested she feed them to.

Chickens eat maggots and carrion, etc. It's VERY hard to poison them
with spoiled food! LOL!

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...s&userid=Katra