Alex Chaihorsky

>> Kinko, for instance still requires written permission only if there is an
>> explicit copyright notice. Are Kinko lawyers good enough for you? You
>> decide.

> Did the lawyers decide that or was it management? How well informed
> were they?

You have got to be kidding , my friend. If you think that Kinko's management
is so brave and bold as to take the responsibility for such a decision
without corporate lawyers beating this issue to death you live on a
different planet. A corporate VP who did that would have been put in an
asylum as soon as the ink of his signature dries.

>Are you aware that you can walk into Kinkos with
> copyrighted work and make your own photocopy and they won't have a
> clue or even try to stop you?

Absolutely, but then, they are not responsible - it is you who broke the
law. They have no more responsibility in this case as rental car agency if
you hit and kill someone driving the car you rented from them. But if you
want THEM to make the copies, its a different story.

>> I am not interested in this issue and won't comment on it again.

> Oh, sure. NOW you're not interested...

Yes, NOW, after I got a legal opinion that there is a huge difference in
interpretation of copyright laws, I am not interested.

Sasha.