Derek

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:49:40 GMT, Diane L. Schirf wrote:

> In article > ,
> "Alex Chaihorsky" > wrote:
>
>> Is black and white dots on the screen of my computer
>> "tangible"?

> They can be printed, of course, same as any other writing.

The bigger issue with Usenet, IMHO, since ideas get passed around and
shared frequently, is whether or not someone's post is, in fact,
copyrightable.

That is, certainly the (hopefully) unique way that I write an idea is
my own product. But is the message I conveyed really mine, or did I
get it from somewhere else and am simply relaying it?

And simply being the first person to post something on Usenet does not
give one claim to copyright, as there are many other sources to
information in the world.

--
Derek

If I'm "crippled by a lack of ethics", can I draw disability?