David Wright

In article >,
Dee Randall <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:

>"David Wright" > wrote in message
.com...
>> In article >,
>> Dee Randall <deedoveyatshenteldotnet> wrote:

>> >To go one step further in this logic, would it be possible for one to get
>> >too much vitamins, enzymes, etc. from food? I suppose one could eat

>one's
>> >way to ill health by otherwise eating healthy, then overindulging in
>> >yoghurt. Might this be your reasoning?

>> It can happen with some nutrients and other substances -- eating polar
>> bear liver can give you a massive overdose of vitamin A, too much
>> licorice is bad for you due to one of the acids in it, and too much
>> seafood may cause you to exceed the RDA of mercury :-)

>Licorice is touted for indigestion. (Buy the kind that doesn't cause
>elevated hypertension.) I was referring to foods that were naturally good,
>not ones with known poisons in them as in seafood. Polar bear liver -- can
>you give me another example )

It's mostly a question of excess -- if you try to live on carrot
juice, for example, the carotenes will turn you yellow and eventually
you're apt to expire.

Eating a lot of iron-rich foods could be bad for males (elevated risk
of heart attack).

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)