In uk.food+drink.misc Jane Gillett > wrote:
> In article > ,
> sarah > wrote:
> > Syke > wrote:

> > > At present, I have an electric, solid-plate hob. Ideally, I would like gas,
> > > mainly for controlability. We aren't on mains gas and I don't want bottled.
> > > Would anyone with experience care to comment on the merits/de-merits of the
> > > other alternatives, halogen and do on, particularly regarding control.

> > Pat, I'd simply comment that I didn't want bottled gas either (I think
> > the bottles look too much like bombs waiting for a detonator), but after
> > cooking on mains gas for 5 years, then a solid fuel/oil-fired range for
> > another 6, I gritted my teeth and went for bottled gas when the
> > opportunity arrived.
> > I don't regret it at all.

> Our neighbours have "bottled gas" but in a tank which looks like an oil
> tank with similar delivery arrangements. May be worth seeing what
> possibilities there are there.

Yes, that's what we have, a big gas tank about 50 yards from the house
and the 'shell tanker' fills it up regularly in winter and on demand
in summer. Ours runs the central heating boiler as well as the hob.

For a hob alone it would probably be overkill and a big 'portable'
bottle somewhere outside would be more sensible.

--
Chris Green