sarah

Phil C. > wrote:

[-]
> ISTM that although gas is ideally preferable to even the best halogen
> hob in terms of controllability and instant heat, either is _luxury_
> compared to an Aga. I had one in the 1970s (oil-fired) and couldn't
> wait to get rid of the great useless white elephant. <Ducks and runs,
> albeit very slowly>

As the AGA heats :-)

I was very fond of the solid fuel range at times. When the wind was in
the right direction the roasting oven disgorged some lovely roasts and
bread. My MiL had an Aga installed for their XXth wedding anniversary;
she loved it, but then they could afford to have a separate electric
cooker and central heating as well. I think the ranges work quite well
for traditional dishes where fast, accurate heat is unnecessary.

regards
sarah

--
Think of it as evolution in action.