Sheryl Rosen

in article , Katra at
wrote on 11/27/04 3:48 PM:

>> How long at 350 or 375 for a 3.5 lb pork shoulder, still on the bone?
>>

> That's a pretty small roast. :-)
> I'd try it for 30 to 45 minutes at 350, then check it for done-ness by
> taking a slice at it. I'm cautious as it's easy to cook a bit more if
> undercooked. Overcook and it's ruined. :-P
>
> One of these days, I need to invest in and learn to use a meat
> thermometer. That takes the guesswork out of it....

Yeah, it's a "Half" shoulder.

The whole ones were in the 6-7 lb range. Too big for my little household of
one human and one cat. I'm having a friend over, and so I'm looking for
dinner for two, plus leftovers for at most, 3 meals. This little hunk of
meat cost me less than $3. I'm hoping to get dinner for us tomorrow, plus
dinner at least one more time. My plan is to have roast pork for supper Mon
or Tuesday and then pick the rest apart, mix it with some bbq sauce and heat
it up in the microwave for "chopped bbq" for a couple of lunch sandwiches.

Might use the bone to make bean soup..... or maybe split pea.

I know it's not a lot, but it's just the right size for me.