Derek

From: http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#noc

NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT

The use of a copyright notice is no longer required under U. S. law,
although it is often beneficial. Because prior law did contain such a
requirement, however, the use of notice is still relevant to the
copyright status of older works.

Notice was required under the 1976 Copyright Act. This requirement was
eliminated when the United States adhered to the Berne Convention,
effective March 1, 1989.

> Because copyright forbids duplication of the whole and any part of the
> material. So by including your message above mine like I did I am breaking
> copyright laws (if, according to you every individual message's copyright
> belong to an author?

No, it doesn't forbid it. It provides the originator with the right to
control the usage of that material. Nor is that control universal as
you seem to think.

By participating in a usenet discussion, you are giving implicit
approval for someone else to respond to your post and quote it. That
is the nature of a newsgroup.

--
Derek

Road Kill Cafe - We make it your way, right away.
Straight from your grill to ours.