pp

(Patrick) wrote in message . com>...
> I think I'm stuck. I have a syrah that started at 29+ brix that
> stopped just above 0. I'm guessing that since it's pressed and
> nutrient-deficient, my odds of getting it restarted are pretty slim.
>
> I've had thoughts of hitting it with a jumbo starter and lots of
> additives (DAP, fermaid, etc), but thought I'd get a second opinion.

That's not stuck, that's finished, i.e., that's about as much as the
typical red wine yeast can take it if you start with such a high sugar
level. You might try the restart method with something like EC1118,
but even that will have a hard time at this point.

What about turning this into a port style wine?

Pp