LeRoy

"Dave Fawthrop" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:46:27 -0000, "LeRoy" >
> wrote:
>
> | We use bottled gas in France - never any problems at all. Very
> | cost-effective, I think the flame's hotter than over here (don't know
> | whether that's true) and it's a total necessity for my Chinese cooking,
> | IMHO.
> |
> | We keep the bottle covered away under the counter in a corner and don't
> | really worry about it at all, but it's easily turned off if needs be -
> we
> | turn it off when we come back to the UK.
>
> In the UK LPG bottles should be stored outside or in a well ventilated
> area. See:
> http://www.solihull.gov.uk/wwwes/hs/infosheets/lpg.htm
>
> --
> Dave F

I'm sure the same health and safety guidelines are relevant in France as in
the UK for the same product!

Our bottle is stored a safe distance from the cooker in an open under
worktop area covered in a nice not twee way (!!) by a curtain. There's lots
of ventilation - we call it indoor camping whilst we are renovating and all
our neighbours do the same thing. I'm sure it's as safe as I need (and I'm
cautious).

Pat