Arri London

Default CHOLESTEROL

blake murphy wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:06:21 -0700, Arri London >
> wrote:
>
> >blake murphy wrote:

> >> is there an online source to the p.d.r.?
> >>
> >> your pal,
> >> blake

> >Only for a subscription. Or you can buy the book, like I do (I'm a
> >medical/science writer, so it's essential). Unless you can read and
> >evaluate the information, it's probably not a good idea anyway.
> >

> in a former career, i was a proofreader of research abstracts. we had
> the p.d.r. and dorland's medical dictionary, 3rd edition, maybe 4th.
> it was the one before they removed 'virago' as an entry, i think. the
> latter book is one i wish i had stolen when i had the chance. (the
> entity i worked for was being dissolved, and surely it was trashed.)
>
> your pal,
> blake

To be fair, being a proofreader doesn't mean absorbing the material.
There's all sorts of material, out of my subjects I've proofread that I
wouldn't say I genuinely understood Normally I don't buy the PDR
every single year; don't make enough money for that. However, you can
often get the previous year's version relatively cheap at a medical book
shop. That's what I try to do.