Dave L

> I never tip if they just hand me a bag of food. (never tip at Sonic drive
> in
> either) So what if a bartender "expects" a tip. Did he fix me a drink? No.
>
> As far as tipping in general, I normally double the tax amount, then round
> up to the nearest whole dollar amount. If service was real good, I will
> add
> a couple of bucks to that, bad service, deduct some money from that
> amount.

Depending on which state you live, the tax amount varies. Here in MD the
sales tax is 5% so doubling it would still be less than the 15% gratuity
that is the norm. I typically give more than the 15% depending on the
service I receive. Don't eat out at restaurants as much as I used to - gets
too expensive.

-Dave