DC.

<snip>
> Aside from Björk, who I love, Iceland is really popular/hip these days,

no?
> The New York Times has had several articles on how great the rock/pop

music
> scene is on the islands.

Norway too... over the last 5 years or so, some wonderful melodies have been
creeping into my ears from places like Bergen. Must be the long cold nights
& very very strong coffee ; )

> And then there is that movie where the Japanese
> guy goes to Iceland to honor his dead parents (forgot the name of it),

Yes what is the name of that movie? i saw it too. Bizzare seeing that
Japanese guy dragging his suitcase across miles of snow with a full blizzard
blowing!

That reminds me... anything new & funny from Aki Kurasmaki(sp?) of Leningrad
Cowboys fame... that was one hell of a movie! or did that finnish him off
LOL.

DC.