William R. Watt

try testing for pectin concentration before adding the sugar. you'll need
to buy a small container of ethyl rubbing alcohol at a drug store for
about $3 (ask for ethyl, not isopropyl). if there is enough pectin then it
might need more sugar. the amount of sugar in grapes depends a lot on the
weather. they need hot dry weather in the latter part of the season to
have a high sugar content.

you can read about my experince making grape and other wild jellies this
year, including how to test for pectin, at
www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm and click on "Food"

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm