Art Sackett

krusty kritter > wrote:

> The whole idea of any flat bread, whether it's a tortilla, pizza crust, pita,
> or nan, is that it's *unleavened* bread, it's not supposed to rise because it's
> a "quick and dirty" form of bread that can be made over an open fire out in a
> camp in whatever country the peasants are living in...

Hmmmm... I've been making pizza crusts with sourdough for years, just
depriving them of a long fermentation time. Maybe I'm doing something
wrong?

I will admit that I've never heard of using yeast in a tortilla until
recently, and only in this newsgroup. I sometimes add some baking
powder to mine, depending upon how they're to be used. The baking
powder makes for a lighter, slightly puffier tortilla.

--
Art Sackett,
Patron Saint of Drunken Fornication