Eric Jorgensen

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 11:18:27 -0500
Jenn Ridley > wrote:

> I use Jiffy mix for pancakes on school mornings. I don't have the
> time or energy to fuss with 'proper' pancake batter while I'm getting
> two kids off to the bus, and my husband is in the kitchen getting
> *his* breakfast and lunch. Does that make me a failure?

What's the fuss?

Turn on griddle. Melt about three tablespoons butter in large-enough
plastic bowl in the microwave, mix in 3T of sugar, 1 egg, 1C of milk, 1/2t
of salt. Position sifter over bowl. If you thought ahead, the mouth of the
bowl is small enough to hold up the base of the sifter (helps if sifter has
big handle). Throw 1c flour and 2t baking powder in the sifter. Sift. Stir.
Pour on griddle. Flip. Serve.

You can use a glass bowl if you wanna, but you have to wait for it to
cool off some before you throw the egg in. I use a 2qt plastic measuring
implement. Or you can use oil instead of butter if you think that'll taste
ok, my dad does, I think his pancakes went downhill when he switched from
corn oil to canola.

Personally, I'm going to try the above mentioned recipe, because there
are like five cheap cake mixes in my cupboard from about 18 months ago when
my sister was living with me and she was taking a cake decorating class,
and I've been wondering what the heck I'm going to do with them. One of
them is a spice cake mix. The other five may end up at the food bank in a
couple weeks. I'm not sure if they take boxed dry goods, they only seem to
ask for cans.