Katra

Default CHOLESTEROL

Arri London wrote:

> Katra wrote:
> >
> > Dimitri wrote:

> > > I what incedents? How many out of 1000 people? Then how was it documents
> > > that Zocor was the specific cause?

> > > Your choice.
> > >
> > > Dimitri

> > Look it up in the 2003 PDR... :-)
> >
> > K.
> >

> I did. There is *no* mention of clotting in the adverse events section
> for Zocor.
> Not in the section for what was reported in up to 1 percent of patients,
> and not in the section for what was reported in up to 0.5 percent of
> patients (and those are reported regardless of causality).
> Those numbers are based on a Swedish study of over 4000 patients and the
> well-reported Heart Study of over 20,000 patients.

You are right. I was wrong, I already admitted this in my previous
post... I made the mistake of listening to someone who did not do the
research and was going anecdotally. Bad mistake. Especially posting it! <cringe>

I, too, followed my own advice and looked it up in the PDR. Plenty of
other bad stuff, but no blood clotting. I'm going to have to tell Mark. :-)

> Various anaemias and other indications of red cell destruction are
> reported, as well as forms of vasculitis and sed rate increases (which
> is not clotting) and these are indicative of hypersensitivity.
>
> Muscle destruction and damage to the liver are the most common adverse
> events.

And kidney damage from the Rhabdomyolysis from the myalgia.... :-P

Bad enough tho' wouldn't you say?

Thanks!
K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra