Arri London

Default CHOLESTEROL

Katra wrote:

> Dimitri wrote:
> >
> > "Katra" > wrote in message
> > >

> > > Levelwave© wrote:
> > > >

> > > Zocor almost killed Mark's wife. :-(
> > > It caused her to have a stroke and throw multiple blood clots to the
> > > lungs... It's a known side effect according to the PDR.

> > I what incedents? How many out of 1000 people? Then how was it documents
> > that Zocor was the specific cause?
> >
> > > Personally, I'd try diet and EXERCISE (get off your fat ass and go to
> > > the gym) before trying statins!

> > Your choice.
> >
> > Dimitri

> Look it up in the 2003 PDR... :-)
>
> K.

I did. There is *no* mention of clotting in the adverse events section
for Zocor.
Not in the section for what was reported in up to 1 percent of patients,
and not in the section for what was reported in up to 0.5 percent of
patients (and those are reported regardless of causality).
Those numbers are based on a Swedish study of over 4000 patients and the
well-reported Heart Study of over 20,000 patients.

Various anaemias and other indications of red cell destruction are
reported, as well as forms of vasculitis and sed rate increases (which
is not clotting) and these are indicative of hypersensitivity.

Muscle destruction and damage to the liver are the most common adverse
events.