Katra

Default CHOLESTEROL

Dimitri wrote:

> "Katra" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> > > My physician is in the process of doing that. We are progressively

> reducing
> > > the dosage. I should also mention I have a CBC done every 3 months - a
> > > little extra caution is OK with me.
> > >
> > > Dimitri

> > I hope the hell you are having a PT/PTT done too..... and maybe a

> D-dimer.
> >
> > K.
> >

> YEP -
>
> You have no ideal how well I am monitored, however the only anticoagulant I
> use is ASA.
>
> Dimitri
>
> FYI;

<snipped>

That was why I suggested the D-dimer...
It is common in a lot of laboratories and can "detect" somewhat whether
or not you are developing blood clots.

Microclots, not detectable by a lung scan, is what killed my mother.

Had nothing to do with Zocor with her, but it is what almost killed
Mark's wife!

Just FYI! :-)

Oh, and ASA is a better clot preventor than many people think... AFAIK anyway.

K.

--
>^,,^< Cats-haven Hobby Farm >^,,^< >^,,^<

"There are millions of intelligent species in the universe, and they are
all owned by cats" -- Asimov

Custom handcrafts, Sterling silver beaded jewelry
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...s&userid=katra