j.j.

Default CHOLESTEROL

Hark! I heard Arri London > say:

<snip>

> Excessive refined carbohydrates (white flour, white sugar etc) will
> contribute to the wrong distribution of triglycerides in many, but not
> all, people. Since there isn't any dietary need for refined carbs, might
> as well cut down on those too.

Does that include white rice as well?

I honestly didn't know the difference between brown and white rice
until I went to the "Seattle Cooks" show last month -- a guy at the
"S&W Foods" booth explained that white rice is just brown rice with
the husk removed. That seems overly refined to me. I made crock pot
Chicken & Rice on Sunday, and used a combination of brown and white
rice, just to try it out (had never eaten brown rice that I know of).
The family actually liked it better...

--
j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!