Levelwave©

Default CHOLESTEROL

Arri London wrote:

> Keep in mind that the Atkins diet is a little extreme regarding carbs;
> the hospital dietician didn't recommend it for long-term. Few people
> stay on it for all that long and it didn't seem to make any difference
> in the long-term rate of heart disease in their patient population. They
> weren't all that thrilled with the very low-fat Ornish diet either and
> it also didn't make much difference in long-term rate of heart disease
> in their patient population.

What you say is true for this *particular* study... but remember it's
only one... Don't forget about the study earlier this year where the
Atkin's Diet substantially outperformed the AMA's diet...

> It's easier to cut down on white sugars, white flour and junk food in
> general, rather than trying to get rid of all carbs. Also forgot to
> mention that *fibre* is essential in cutting down serum cholesterol and
> triglycerides (as well as reducing the risk of colon cancer). A true
> Atkins diet is too low in fibre in the long term and requires
> supplementation for most people.

Only during the Induction phase... The main problem with the Atkin's
diet is that far too many people have no clue how to cook for themselves
so they end up gorging on the wrong fatty foods... Whereas I may have
some Salmon with steamed veggies someone else may be eating Bacon,
Sausage and Eggs all day long... I believe the real key is giving up
processed and refined foods...

~john!

--
Say hello to the rug's topography...It holds quite a lot of interest
with your face down on it...