Old 10-11-2004, 01:05 AM
Peanutjake

Default Ice Cream Question!

Johanna wrote in message
Hi,
My boyfriend has diabetes type 1. He is very active, and if it wasn't
for frequent hypos nobody would know that he had it.

I have tried to help with the hypos by making very "balanced" GI food
for him, e.g. some fast and plenty of slow carbs in all meals.

I recently got an ice cream maker as a gift and have had lots of fun
making home-made ice cream! Now I want to make some ice cream for Brian!

He says his favourite flavour is rum & raisin.
I made a batch which tastes fantastic. It contains the following:

2 egg yolks, 1.5 cup of cream, 0.5 cup molasses, 0.75 cup sweetener,
pinch of salt, 0.5 cup raisins, 1 cup coconut milk and 5 bottle hats of
dark Rum.

Jo

Jo, your ice cream would put me in the hospital.

I would replace the molasses and sweetner with 1 cup Splenda
Change the Rum to Rum Extract
I would also change the egg yolks to stiffly beaten egg whites.

PJ